Saturday, February 26, 2011

One Ring to Rule Them All - 1996 (Super Bowl XXXI), Part 3

(Hunt Auctions)

This beauty is unique - a Super Bowl XXXI commemorative shareholders' ring.

Makes sense - we're the owners, right? Bob Kraft got one following the Patriots' Super Bowls, the Rooneys have fistfuls from theirs. Makes sense that Packers shareholders get in on the action.

I have to admit that I'd never heard of these before, but I wasn't a shareholder back in January of 2007.

(Touchdown Treasures)

This ring has a green glass stone with the famous "G" logo inlaid in gold. This particular exemplar is a woman's ring—I don't know if the men's version had a similar face.

The shanks are identical to the staff ring, with "STOCKHOLDER" in place of "DIRECTOR".

(Touchdown Treasures)

(Touchdown Treasures)

(Touchdown Treasures)


I've seen two of these (or maybe only one, in two separate auctions): one was sold earlier this month for $1,800 and the other was up for auction last November, but failed to draw its $1,100.00 minimum bid.

Can any pre-1997 shareholders out there help me out? I'd love to know how were these offered, how much they cost, and what the men's version looked like.

Here, then, we can compare all three Super Bowl XXXI rings - players', directors', and shareholders'.

I don't know if the Packers are intending to offer a Super Bowl XLV shareholder ring, but there is a Green Bay Packers Shareholders group on Facebook advocating just that. Could be done easily enough, taking orders on the shareholders' page of the Packers Pro Shop. If you're interested, sign up with them and let the team know.

2 comments:

Johnny O said...

Chance... this stuff is amazing. It doesn't cease to amaze me how what you can dig up. When I get my chance to see/try on the new SB XLV ring this Fall I will for sure take great pics for you to put on your site.

Keep up the awesome work.

- Johnny O

Chance Michaels said...

Glad you like the blog, and I can't wait to see the pics!